Monday, August 25, 2008

Testing, testing....

As I've mentioned before, I love to cook. I love to read through cookbooks...okay, I love to read through cookbooks multiple times. I love to watch the Food Network and try and learn all kinds of crazy things from those chefs that just know SO MUCH about everything. I try to soak it all in, and then I run into my kitchen, and try and see if I can apply anything that I have learned. Many times, I will get a hankering to make a meal that I've never made before. Then I'll sort through all the information I have in my head about foods similar to that, and jot down ingredients I think will work. Then I shop. And then I go home, and attempt to create it. And since this is my blog, and I can do what I want here, I'm going to start posting the recipes that I've succeeded at attempting. Sound fun? I know some of you are cringing at the thought of getting enjoyment out of cooking. And some of you are stressing out. But if you're like me, and find the kitchen world entertaining...join me on this little adventure! Sorry if you're not the food junkie I am...I can't help it (it's in my genes!!!) Really-it is.


Last Friday McDreamy said he was craving Italian, so I decided instead of making the standard spaghetti and meatballs, I'd make lasagna. I've made lasagna before, and liked it...but haven't loved it. So I made some mental notes, and when I got home, I tried it out. We both decided it was delicious, and it really hit that "soul food" spot on the tongue. Comforting, rich, a little bit special. So I'm pleased to share it with you. You may not want to use this as a staple lasagna recipe, because let's face it...it's not figure friendly. But, for a special occasion or meal, this suits very nicely. If you'd like-try it out. If you hate it, let me know. If you like it, let me know. I am no self-proclaimed anything, let alone a chef. I love input and opinions! Please share!
I don't know how to do fancy things with this blog yet...so click this picture above and it will pop up the full recipe with picture. Enjoy...and have fun!

3 comments:

Noni said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to give it a whirl! :)

Jessica said...

ooooo....cool cooking posts. If anyone should have a cooking section on their blog, it's you! Are you going to have a special thing on your side bar where you can click and get all your recipes? Think about it...

Becky said...

I would totally do that if I knew how!!!! How do I do that? There's so much about this site I don't know how to do :(