Monday, September 15, 2008

Food Friday Monday

So I know today is not Friday, and I have been wanting to get this out on Fridays...but whatever. Today is Monday, and today is the day I am posting another recipe. K? Good. So here goes. This is my Chicken Tortilla Soup. I like it because instead of cooking the tortillas into the soup and them getting mushy and weird like noodles, the soup is served with corn tortilla chips on top. YUM! I have always enjoyed getting the chicken tortilla soup out, and decided to recreate it home. This is what I came up with, and I'm very pleased with it. And this recipe is just a starting point - it's very versatile. If you like more heat, add more heat. If you like nasty disgusting overbearing cilantro, go ahead and add it. Different veggies? Go ahead and try what you like. This soup is spicy and warm and comforting, and great for any cool fall night or blistering winter day. I hope you like it.

(Click on picture to view full size)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Where do you take your food pictures? And those are the cutest little soup bowls I ever did see!