Thursday, June 19, 2008

Cowboys, Horses, Love Stories, Recipes & More!

You would think, from the above title, that I will be writing about each individual item. However...I'm not. I will say, these items DO happen to be some of my favorite things. Oh yes. But what excites me even more...is that I have fallen in love with a website that has all these things! And it's called The Pioneer Woman. I have Jessica to thank for telling me about it. Didn't I tell you? She's the one that always introduces me to the great things in life! But anyway, if you're looking for a place to read about rugged cowboys, their horses, etc. Please visit this site. If you're looking for a place to read an incredibly "tingle your toes, goose bumps all over your arms, warm you through and through" good 'ole love story, PLEASE visit this site. If you're looking for FULL FAT, stick on the ribs, comfort food that touches your very soul recipes, visit this site!
I suppose I should back up a tad. This website was created by a woman named Ree, who was a big L.A. city girl, who fell in love with and married, a rugged, backwoodsman cattle rancher. Yep. No kidding. And moved all the way far far FAR out into the country in Oklahoma. Yep. Hundreds of cattle, horses, and miles and miles and miles of gorgeous green land. Needless to say, this woman has SO many stories to tell. She writes daily blog postings about the happenings on their ranch, their children, her rugged hubby, etc. She also posts many many yummy recipes...step by step-with pictures! (I love that part!) In addition to those things, she also is a photographer (where does she get the free time while home schooling 4 children? where?!) and posts tips. She ALSO has a section for Home and Garden. I'm not kidding...this woman knows about so many things! And to top it all off...she is HYS-TER-I-CAL! So so so funny. Oh! I almost forgot the best part. She is writing the story of how she met her hubby (whom she calls "Marlboro Man"), and fell in love with him. It's called "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" and it is soooooo good. Being the romantic that I am...I fell in love with Ree, Marlboro Man, the ranch...and every little thing about them! Read it! Please! It will make your day. I guarantee. Now, this all may seem like one giant commercial for this website, but I am telling you, you will never be the same. I feel like Ree is my friend. And if you're having a rough day...this will get you through it. Sometimes, the only way to make it through my day, is to read a bit from Ree (
AKA Pioneer Woman) and all my troubles seem to fade away. and OH! did I mention yet the rugged cowboys. Yeah...they're everywhere on this site! ;) I'm serious...check it out: it will change your life!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

What a great tribute to PW. You know how much I love her. I wish I had a camera last night so I could post about our trip to the lake. Nick should post about Dave falling in the lake..twice! hehe.