Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Midnight Pizza

It's probably not necessary for me to even state this: but McDreamy is a sports guy. Always has been, always will be. He loves watching sports, playing sports and coaching sports. And to top it off-he's GOOD at sports. He's athletic (of course) and I quite enjoy watching him do his thing. Anyway, during the summer McDreamy likes to join a couple rec softball leagues. His Tuesday night league was in the playoffs, and since it was their last night, I decided I would go and be supportive. The game was scheduled for 6:25pm and we thought it was single elimination-you lose and you're done. However, after they lost the game, we found out it was actually double elimination (you lose TWICE, you're done.) It typically wouldn't be an issue, but his games are played in a town that's about a 45 minute drive from where we live. So it can get kind of late. So although I did want McDreamy to win the second game, I also wanted him to lose so we could get home at a decent hour. (I know I know...but sometimes it's hard to be supportive when I'm tired and my stomach is growling...just keeping it real here folks.) But, luck was on his side, and they won their second game. THIRD game scheduled for 9:25. THIRD game actually started at 9:45. Uggh...I knew at that point to just give up and give in. The game ended a little before 11pm, and I was ready to get on the road and get home.

At this point, my brain and stomach were crossing signals. My brain was telling me that I had been up since 6 and needed sleep to make it through another day. My stomach was telling me that if I didn't eat, it was going to mutiny and keep me up all night growling. Sigh. I wish I was one of those people that could just put off eating like "eh, no big deal. I don't care about food." HA! Darn it...why can't I be one of those people? But, I'm not. Oh well. So we got home and simultaneously declared "I need food!" (Ahhh...one of the reasons I married him-he shares my love of food!) And McDreamy convinced me to order pizza (okay-if I'm being honest-I really didn't need any convincing. At all.) Gloriously cheesy, hot, greasy pizza. At midnight. Is there anything better? Really? And don't judge me...I'm sure you've been there too. And we don't make it a practice to eat pizza at midnight...but YUM-pizza at midnight! (Alright-I guess it's okay to judge a little...) But...if there's anyone out there that read this and then thought "I'm not the only one!" let me know, so tomorrow I can hang my head a little higher from knowing that I too, am not the only one!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I have so many great memories of ordering pizza at midnight with you, mostly because it was an almost every night occurance in college! No judgement here. Order on!